The third annual Halifax Oyster Festival is back on the Halifax waterfront offering the unique convergence of Maritime sea and land terriors.
3-hour sessions include:
- All-you-can-slurp raw oysters
- Greeting sample of Benjamin Bridge's Nova 7 sparkling wine
- A selection of chowder, lobster rolls and mussels to purchase
- Wine, craft beer, cider, Caesars samples to purchase (More stations than last year!)
- Shuck N' Learn station
- 3rd annual Nova Scotia Oyster Shucking Competition
- Select Nova Scotia Store to purchase packaged oysters, wine and oyster paraphanelia to take home
|Photo credit: Lenny Mullins|
Children under 12 are free, strollers are strongly discouraged.
Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
More information at oysterfest.ca
Halifax Oyster Festival is produced by The Coast, Halifax's weekly newspaper.
Video by Meghan Tansey Whitton
Need a great new oyster knife? For under $15.00, try the Shucker Paddy in black or yellow.